We are seeking a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) to provide medical social work services to home health patients and families on a PRN basis. Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Assessing the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s illness and the environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group
- Carrying out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse, and plans interventions based on evaluation findings
- Counseling patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress and other identified coping difficulties, providing crisis intervention when necessary
- Assessing for any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family
- Maintaining clinical records on all patients referred to social work
- Participating in the development of the individualized plan of care involving the patient and family
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Minimum of one year experience in health care. Home Health or Hospice experience preferred.
- Licensed Social Worker in the state of Indiana.