Premier Hospice & Home Health is here for you – 24/7/365.
Choosing Hospice is often a difficult decision. We help lead this conversation and can ease the anxiety of the transition from cure to comfort for patients who are appropriate for hospice care. If two or more of these potential indicators are present, hospice should be considered.
Common Hospice Diagnoses
End Stages of: Cancer, Heart Disease/CHF, Pulmonary Disease/COPD, Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease, Neurological Disease/CVA, Renal Disease & Liver Disease.
If your loved one is requiring increased assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, grooming, oral care, toileting, transferring to their bed/chair, walking, eating, etc.; this may be an indicator that hospice should be considered.
Additional indicators include:
- Muscle Loss/Weakening or Weakness
- Multiple Falls
- Multiple ER Visits/Hospitalizations
- Recurrent/Multiple Infections
- Altered Mental Status
- Unintentional Mental Status
- Unintentional Weight Loss
- Difficulty at Mealtime
- Increasing Shortness of Breath
- Multiple Medication/Frequent Medication Changes
- Sleeping Longer/Napping More
- Skin Breakdown/Wounds
- Other Diagnoses that Contribute to Decline
If you have questions about the hospice benefit or when to elect your benefit, please contact Premier Hospice at 602-274-7572 (Phoenix, AZ) · 812-680-4384 (Bloomington, IN) · 317-844-8700 (Carmel, IN) · 260-782-3333 (Fort Wayne, IN) · 812-720-3363 (Jeffersonville, IN) · 765-453-6700 (Kokomo, IN) · 765-200-6854 (Richmond, IN).